Field Service Technician (CA/NV Territories)Job Summary
This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager and is responsible for providing mechanical and technical service to New Way customers and dealers within an assigned territory of California/Nevada.
* Provide prompt, professional, and technical service on site to our customers by thoroughly investigating and resolve customer's questions and issues.
* Provide troubleshooting, repairs and technical support for employees, dealers and customers on New Way trucks.
* Evaluate New Way trucks accurately for maintenance, warranty, upgrades, and other service purposes.
* Recognize trends and patterns in customer issues and identify preventative solutions.
* Support our dealer network and sales departments through demonstrations, training and sales support.
* Promote ability to work efficiently, expertly, and independently.
* Build positive relationships with customers by providing outstanding and excellent service.
* Interpret engineering sketches, specifications, and drawings.
* Assist in determining root cause of issues as they are recognized and assist to implement corrective actions to prevent future issues from arising.
* Analyze equipment malfunctions, accomplish repairs, and perform scheduled maintenance.
* Requires high amount of travel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to a minimum of five years' experience as a journey-level mechanic or technician.
* Experience in heavy-duty equipment maintenance or repair.
* Ability to diagnose and repair all types of vehicle components.
* Experience with hydraulics (including pumps, valves, governors and relief valve systems).
* Experience with automotive diagnostic tools.
* Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules or upon need.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Valid CDL a plus.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication.
* Strong ability to interface with all levels of individuals within and outside the company.
* Ability to read and understand technical documents.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
Want to become a member of the New Way team? Fill out our online application.